After a couple months of heavy holiday indulging, it feels much better to be back on the clean eating routine. Another cooking-obsessed friend of mine got a couple of new cookbooks and this dish caught my eye. Obviously there could be variations galore, but this combo works pretty well. I can’t wait to make it again next week with some different fresh herbs and other veggies.
RECIPE: Veggie Chop Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, room temp or chilled
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced, steamed green beans, room temp or chilled
- 1/2 cooked, sliced mushrooms (lightly sauteed in olive oil)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper
DIRECTIONS: Add all chopped veggies and walnuts to a large bowl and toss to combine. Add quinoa and toss again. Then whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, tarragon, salt and pepper. Pour over the veggie/quinoa mixture and toss well. Taste and re-season with salt and pepper to your liking. Serve room temperature or chilled. Enjoy!