After a couple months of heavy holiday indulging, it feels much better to be back on the clean eating routine. Another cooking-obsessed friend of mine got a couple of new cookbooks and this dish caught my eye. Obviously there could be variations galore, but this combo works pretty well. I can’t wait to make it again next week with some different fresh herbs and other veggies.
RECIPE: Veggie Chop Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, room temp or chilled
- 1 cup chopped carrots
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped yellow bell pepper
- 1 cup sliced, steamed green beans, room temp or chilled
- 1/2 cooked, sliced mushrooms (lightly sauteed in olive oil)
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 TBSP olive oil
- 1 tsp fresh tarragon, chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- freshly ground pepper
DIRECTIONS: Add all chopped veggies and walnuts to a large bowl and toss to combine. Add quinoa and toss again. Then whisk together the lemon juice, olive oil, tarragon, salt and pepper. Pour over the veggie/quinoa mixture and toss well. Taste and re-season with salt and pepper to your liking. Serve room temperature or chilled. Enjoy!
Yummy! Love all the bright colors and anything with quinoa is good in my book.
This looks good!